"How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of those that bring glad tidings of good things, and that say unto Zion: Behold, thy God reigneth! As the dews of Carmel, so shall the knowledge of God descend upon them!" ---D&C 128:19

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Letter #2 from the MTC


Me and Elder Paul Lebaron, a friend from High School


This is my district...
 From left to right: Elder Bowen, Elder James, Me, Elder Dibb with the mask and Elder Carpenter peeking from behind the wall. We all have water bottles with a hole in the cap or squirt guns so we can wage war with the other elders in our zone. 



A fort we made in our room last night celebrating P-day eve.

Hey you guys! It sounds like everyone has a ton of questions, which is good because there is not so much to write about this week as there was last week. 

For starters though I think I need to tell everyone that mtcdelivery.com works. I think the modern age has ruined communication cause I hear elders around campus saying stuff like "I don't think my family got my letters." and then people who write me say they don't think I got their dear elder letters. I feel bad because I can't always write a letter back right away but I promise I get the letters people send on mtcdelivery.com and it's honestly the best to hear from you guys. So if you guys have like a funny story you just need me to hear, write it on dear elder and I promise I'll get it the next day. We check our mail twice a day.
Anyways, I'll answer the blitzkrieg of questions that I got.
1. Who are your roommates? Where are they from?
All of my roommates are from Utah except one who's from Pennsylvania. (The one is Lizzy's stake) I realized I didn't give descriptions to the email last week so I'll try to do better there.
2. When do you go on temple walks? 
We do temple walks every Sunday but they don't like us telling what time since people like to meet their parents who "just happened to be there." Every P-day we go to the temple, last week we did initiatory's, and today I think we are planning on doing endowments.
3. How is the Dutch coming? Do you have to speak Dutch all the time? 
Dutch is coming along more and more. We are now starting to learn some complex sentence structures which is exciting. Every other day or so we will have a lesson with an "investigator" (just our teachers pretending to be an investigator) those lessons are all in Dutch. Other than that we can speak as much English as we want unless the teacher asks us to speak Dutch.
4. How is the food at the MTC? Have you gained weight? 
The food is good. Just a ton of carbs which explains why elders gain so much weight. I came into the MTC about 154 pounds and when I weighed myself today it was 157 so there ya go. As far as eating the wrong food and getting sick I don't think there is anything to that. Just as long as you don't eat the fish they make sometimes. haha. There is a cold going around though, I've managed to avoid it so far so that's good.
5. What time do you wake up every morning?
The schedule says bedtime at 10:30 wake up at 6:30 but it's closer to go to bed at 11:00 for us. It's not so bad when there is about an hour or so before gym so we just get breakfast and then fall right back asleep.
6. How many missionaries will be in Suriname? 
There was 20 missionaries when we arrived and 6 more left just last week. So with all of us together there are 30 or so missionaries. 
7. Are you O.D.ing on the snacks we are sending you? 
I love receiving packages from you guys, and I don't think I've missed one but I think it'd be better to send letters for about a week so we can catch up with all the candy we have. Plus I like hearing about your guys' life more than the candy. Haha


The highlight of this week was easily having an apostle speak to us for tuesday night devotional. Richard G. Scott was the apostle and he spoke a lot about prayer. The talk was broadcasted to all the MTC's around the world which was sweet. We stood up when he entered and everyone took a ton of notes. My favorite part was when he shared a scripture that said "Whatsoever ye shall ask the father in my name shall be given you, that is expedient for you." Basically what that means is that when we ask the Lord for blessings or help he will give it to us. If we need it. I think sometimes we lack the patience or the faith that God has a plan for us and he knows what's best for us. So this week I'm going to try and be more patient and know that if I don't receive the answer right away I either don't need it, or I don't need it right at that moment. 

I'm sorry this email is more of a Q&A type email rather than me just saying a whole bunch of stuff that I feel. But not much happened besides an apostle for Tuesday night so it's cool. 
I think we just try and make stuff fun here at the MTC since it can get very routine. (Hence the funny pictures) 
Tots iens (Good Bye)
Love Elder Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment