"How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of those that bring glad tidings of good things, and that say unto Zion: Behold, thy God reigneth! As the dews of Carmel, so shall the knowledge of God descend upon them!" ---D&C 128:19

Monday, January 12, 2015

News

Hey everyone! So the first thing I think I should say is that our baptism with "S" did not work out this week. She wanted to postpone it next week so that she could invite more of her friends and so that her mom could make it. She is still going to be baptized though. It's just this Saturday instead of this last. She is awesome though. I'm happy for her, and I'm glad that she wanted to make sure her mom could come.
Other than that this week was pretty normal. We were able to play basketball on Tuesday, which was fun. Most of the time we play soccer so this was a good change.
Some good news is that "F" has a baptismal date for January 31. We haven't been teaching him but because he goes to our branch and lives so close we hear about how it's going with him. He has come to church I think every single week since we've met him. He will be a really strong member and a good priesthood holder for the branch, when that time comes He's a good guy. My only wish is that we were the ones who taught him! Haha.
"O" and her family are progressing in what ways they can. They continue to read from the Book of Mormon, and ask really good questions. They tried fasting for the first time yesterday. Which was really cool. They have a lot of faith and they are awesome to teach.
In other news, transfer calls came. Elder Beckstrand is going to the Tamenga branch and I'm staying here and leading the area. My new companion is named Elder Mercier. (mer-see-ay).
It's not all bad though. We still have awesome people we work with, and we had a contacting blitz the Saturday before. So we have a lot of people to follow up on, as well as a plan with the branch council to help reactivate some people.
I want you guys to know I love you, and hope that everything goes well this week. I know that Jesus Christ loves us. Every circumstance or trial we run into is for our benefit. Sorry it's a little short this week!
Love you guys!
Elder Cooper
P.S I got Aunt Jenny's package and your guys' package. As well as all of your guys' letters! It was really awesome to read them. As well as all the candy. ;) Please let the Wilson's know I said thanks. And thank you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment