"How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of those that bring glad tidings of good things, and that say unto Zion: Behold, thy God reigneth! As the dews of Carmel, so shall the knowledge of God descend upon them!" ---D&C 128:19

Monday, January 26, 2015

Patience





Hey you guys! How's it going? This week was the second week leading out the area. It was still pretty tough. There were a couple of things though that were cool.
I think the first thing I want to talk about is that even though these past couple of weeks have been tough trying to find new people to teach we have found a couple of cool people.
The first one is "R."In my opinion he is a really cool guy. He is going to college right now studying to become a judge. So he's really smart. He is a deep thinker which means he asks some tough questions. It's different because we have to say we will answer his questions later, or that we will have to look them up, which I have never had to tell someone in a lesson before.
The other is "D." We found her through contacting and she has been really good at listening. We have taught her the Restoration and Plan Of Salvation and she is really good at repeating back to us what she said in her own words. She has a family and so we want to try and work her husband in the lessons. Sorry I can't be more descriptive with these two, we have only had two lessons each with them so I'll let you know how it goes.
"O" is doing good. We are having problems getting them to church. They just live far away and so they have to wake up early and take two different bus routes to get there. We are working on arranging a member to bring them. They are almost done hearing all of the lessons we have so that's exciting. They have done really well in following the commitments we give them, which is awesome.
Today for P-day we played Ultimate Frisbee and a little bit of soccer as a zone. I have a couple of pictures from the guys in the zone so you guys will get an idea of the other missionaries here. One thing I will say is that I feel like this transfer will be really miraculous. Every district and zone meeting we have had has been really inspirational. I have come out of those meetings feeling inspired to do missionary work. This zone is really awesome. We all really want to work hard and try and improve the branches and areas we are working in. It may be tough now but I feel like it will be a good transfer. We just need to be patient.
This email is a little all over the place but I want you guys to know that I love you! Just know that I am ok and that I am having fun. Some days are tougher than others. But it is still fun. I really love the zone and am excited for the things to come. Hope you guys have a good week! Tell Ledoux and Kache Happy Birthday for me!!
Love,
Elder Cole Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment