"How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of those that bring glad tidings of good things, and that say unto Zion: Behold, thy God reigneth! As the dews of Carmel, so shall the knowledge of God descend upon them!" ---D&C 128:19

Monday, February 2, 2015

Make It An Awesome Week!


A butterfly that flew into the store.


Cole and his companion, Elder Mercier


Hey you guys! It sounded like your week was pretty normal. I have not heard the name Training Table in a long time. That sounds really good. How often do you guys go out with Grammy and Pop-Pops? Seeing that they live really close now I figure it's pretty often. Tell Ledoux I said happy birthday, that guy's a stud. I first off want to say that I do not have good pictures to send this week. I am really bad at taking pictures. I'm going to try and get more creative with pictures from now on.
I have not gotten the package yet.
This week was pretty normal for us. We met with "R" and "D" and they show a lot of potential. We are wanting to take "D" with us to a member's house for family home evening. She was excited to hear about family home evening so hopefully she will want to come with us to this members house.
"R" has had tests and exams this past week so we only got to stop by once, and it was really quick. He is studying to become a judge. He is a talker. We talked a lot about Suriname, the culture, and the people. One thing I've noticed is that the gospel has a way of helping people get their priorities in order. Which is what we talked about with him. When people become converted to the gospel they take hold of their lives, get things in order and begin to work hard. It just shows how much the gospel can give to us. It's more than a feeling of comfort in the next life, but actual blessings in spiritual and temporal matters. The Lord really is in the details of our lives.
This week was area conference. It was cool to see all the members and other elders. I hope I get the opportunity to work in every branch in Suriname because there are a lot of cool members and potential for every area. Even the slower areas are picking up speed right now. Branch presidents are getting excited, and everyone is trying to organize callings and home teaching lists, there are more miracles and wonders on the way.
This email isn't too exciting or long but I want you guys to know that I love you and that I'm having fun. There are little funny moments each day. One time we tried to contact this guy and he just started to go off about how he was a true believer. He was saying stuff like, "I'm a true believer, Ima tell you a story about how I became a true believer. God loves me and you man, your my brothers, I hope you know that. I'm a true believer." The guy was just a little crazy. Kinda funny. There are some awesome people here in Suriname, and more awesome people yet to be found. My testimony grows a little each day, I hope that you guys are having a similar experience.
Cole sent this picture a few weeks ago! Thought it was "awesome" :)

I love you guys and miss you like crazy!
Make it an awesome week!
Love
Elder Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment