"How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of those that bring glad tidings of good things, and that say unto Zion: Behold, thy God reigneth! As the dews of Carmel, so shall the knowledge of God descend upon them!" ---D&C 128:19

Monday, February 16, 2015

Study Every Day



Well this is crazy to think about but I am two weeks away from hitting the 6 month mark. That's insane. This first part has just flown by. I don't know if that's because it's all a little new or if time really is speeding up just for my mission. I swear the month before my mission just felt like forever. I guess that's what happens when you get a really solid routine.
This week was awesome! We were in an bit of a slump for about a month where we could not get investigators to church. We wanted to help "S" ("O's" niece) come to church so that she can get baptized by the end of the month. We were talking about what we could share with them during comp study and we decided that what would help them is to understand their covenants and understand why we ask them to attend church. After that lesson it was just amazing to see a light turn on. They were just like "Oh that's why we come to church." It was really cool. "S" and her sister "A" came to church but "O" couldn't make it because she is going through training to be a nurse. It was honestly a miracle. 
As far as transfers and that sort of thing it's kind of a toss up. I have been in Wanica North for awhile but I have only been with Elder Mercier for one transfer so who knows? If something does happen to me I probably move because I have been here for awhile. I doubt they would pull Elder Mercier out after just one transfer. I like Wanica North and I would be good staying and I wouldn't mind moving either. If I were to guess I think I stay for one more transfer with Mercier. Then I will really be due to move. Transfer calls will come this weekend so I will be able to tell you what happens to me next week.
I don't know if I'm gaining or losing weight. I haven't been on a scale since I came out here. We just don't have one. I feel about the same, and I'm trying to be healthy and work out. Btw, those pills that you sent me are intersting, I actually got a pain in my stomach after taking them and looked to see that one pill has 200mg of caffeine and another has green tea extract. I decided to stop taking them, I still take the protein though. 
The binder grammy sent me is awesome. One thing I will say is that as missionaries we have very few things outside of investigators getting baptized that we can get excited about. One of those things our district in the MTC started getting excited about was being organized. How we marked scriptures, what kind of pens or colored pencils we liked to use, how we wrote in our study journal, all of it. One elder actually asked if he could have one of the pens I got. Grammy gave me plenty, as well as a couple of refills so I saw no problem giving him one. It's coming along. I constantly try and think of topics to study that I can fill it with. They ask us to study every day, at the very least get personal study in. So that's been really nice. It's gotten to the point where an hour is actually not enough time. I'm serious. If I would have told that to myself two years ago I probably would have said you're crazy. But with not much else to do, as well as feeling the Spirit a lot more, you actually enjoy it. I wish you guys would study everyday. 
Lastly, I've heard very little about my new mission president other than that his name is President Egbert and he's from Sandy. I don't know what the split will mean as far as where I go.
Anyways I hope you guys have a great week! Love hearing from you!
Love,
Elder Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment