"How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of those that bring glad tidings of good things, and that say unto Zion: Behold, thy God reigneth! As the dews of Carmel, so shall the knowledge of God descend upon them!" ---D&C 128:19

Monday, February 9, 2015

Cool Personal Study Moment




Well, this week was a good week. We started off the week really well, having some good lessons and even getting some members to come with us. (Which we have not done enough) Our whole zone wants to get 30 member lessons by the end of this week. For us that means having one member come with us each day. It would be hard, but so worth it to help our investigators come to church.
I did get your guys' packages this week! Thank you so much. Grammy delivered on that package. That was everything I wanted and more. I'm excited to start filling that in. It will probably be one of the greatest things I get to take back home with me.
Funny story from this week. Our zone was going to play soccer against the other zone today, and we were all thinking of ways we could make it more fun. Our zone decided to buy some Suriname polo shirts and then we would have our names printed on them. It would look like a jersey. We found a cool shirt, but the only problem was the print. When we saw what the shirts looked like after they printed them we couldn't help but laugh.  It's fine, we still like them, and have decided we would rather have them that way. The picture I send will explain it all.
I had a cool personal study moment this week. Every night we do phone calls to make sure that people get home safe, and to see how the day went. The district leader called me one night and asked me if I felt like I had magnified my calling that day. I told him that I did. But I wanted to know what his thoughts were on magnifying our calling. We hear that phrase used all the time in the church and it's a commandment for us as priesthood holders to do it. But I kinda wanted to know...what does that look like?
So we decided we would study it together. The results were really interesting. My favorite scripture I have found so far is Heleman 10:4 "Blessed art thou Nephi, for those things which thou hast done; for I have beheld how thou hast with unwearyingness declared the word, which I have given unto thee, unto this people." I love how it says with unwearyingness. I have noticed a difference in the days where I am kind of going through the motions, maybe thinking about home too much or just being back in the apartment again and then times when I am focused, energetic, and willing to work. I think that is one of the biggest ways I can be magnifying my calling right now. I have made it a goal to pray for and be more energetic and engaged so that I can magnify my calling.
I hope you guys all have an amazing week! I love you! And miss you. Thanks so much for your emails. I'm sorry if I can't respond to them all, but I love reading them. Please keep sending them.

                   "This is what happens when 20 YM organize a soccer game..."

Love,
Elder Cole Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment