"How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of those that bring glad tidings of good things, and that say unto Zion: Behold, thy God reigneth! As the dews of Carmel, so shall the knowledge of God descend upon them!" ---D&C 128:19

Monday, March 2, 2015

This is my Joy...





Hey Family! So Kache wasn't the only one that was baptized this week! One of our investigaors, "Su" was baptized this past week. "Su" is 17 and is the niece of "O" in case you didn't know. "Su" asked me to do the baptism, I felt honored. It was the first person I've ever baptized. Not just first investigator but first person ever. I was so nervous! I actually had to baptize her twice! Other than that it went great! There were only a couple of members but pretty much her whole family was there. Which is exactly how I would have wanted it if it were me. It doesn't matter how many people are there as long as you have your family there. The happiest moments of my life have always involved family.
This family that I sent a picture of is really prepared. Just about everyone was there Sunday as well for the first time. They said they enjoyed it. I hope that seeing "Su" get baptized gives them a strong desire to get baptized themselves.
It was a really humbling experience to be able to baptize her. I felt the Spirit so strong. It really strengthened my testimony of Jesus Christ. I'm so grateful that I had the opportunity to be apart of that experience.
On Sunday after thinking a lot about what had happened I stumbled on Alma 29:9 "I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy."
I realized after reading that verse that I was only an instrument in the hands of the Lord and that the Spirit helped "Su" to make this decision. I am grateful for the opportunity that I have to be a missionary. It was a very humbling experience. I cannot say it enough, it was a very humbling and spiritual experience.
I love you guys! I hope that you have an amazing week! I miss you guys like crazy! Love you!
Love,
Elder Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment