"How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of those that bring glad tidings of good things, and that say unto Zion: Behold, thy God reigneth! As the dews of Carmel, so shall the knowledge of God descend upon them!" ---D&C 128:19

Monday, March 16, 2015

Watch Over Each Other



Hey guys! First off, you guys are funny. In all honesty I just have a small receding hair line.  It is more or less a joke between the zone than a statement of fact.
To summarize this week it was hard towards the end. We have been having problems filling in the time slot from 12-3 on Friday-Sunday. We have yet to meet someone that is good for that time. After explaining this to Elder Alpeter, our District Leader, he challenged me to find a better method. He wanted me to look outside the box and find a way to contact more people and contact them effectively. I'm still thinking about what to do, but I think I want to do something involving family history. Any ideas?
Elder Holland gave a fireside this past Saturday. He didn't come to Suriname. He was in the Dominican Republic. But it was broadcasted to Suriname. The fireside was about teaching, which Elder Holland explained is central to every calling in the church. Everyone teaches. He shared a quote by President Kimball, "Stake presidents, bishops, and branch presidents, please take a particular interest in improving the quality of teaching in the Church. … I fear, that all too often many of our members come to church, sit through a class or a meeting, and … then return home having been largely [uninspired]. It is especially unfortunate when this happens at a time … of stress, temptation, or crisis [in their life]. We all need to be touched and nurtured by the Spirit, and effective teaching is one of the most important ways this can happen. We often do vigorous work, to get members to come to Church but then do not adequately watch over what they receive when they do come." That kinda struck me as a missionary. Often times I find myself struggling so hard to get into an appointment with someone and then don't give enough time to think about the lesson and what we will teach. So I am trying to focus on ways that we can "watch over" our members and investigators.
I love you guys! I hope that you have an amazing week! Please know that I think about you all the time.
Love you!
Elder Cole Cooper


No comments:

Post a Comment