"How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of those that bring glad tidings of good things, and that say unto Zion: Behold, thy God reigneth! As the dews of Carmel, so shall the knowledge of God descend upon them!" ---D&C 128:19

Monday, July 27, 2015

"I Do Set My Bow in the Cloud..."

Hi Family!!
Not much is going on around here. Thanks for sending that picture of the rainbow Mom.
(This is a picture of a rainbow we saw in our backyard that I sent to Cole this week.)


Elder James and I look for them all the time. (There are so many storms here.) And when we see them we always say jokingly, "It's going to be ok."It reminds me of the scripture in Genesis 9..."I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth. And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud: And I will remember my covenant..."If you notice in the scripture that this statement is repeated several times. By using repetition it strengthens the covenant.
As far as this week goes, we had a good week. We had finally found a less active we have been trying to find for a long time. We sat with her a couple times this week and she came to the decision on her own to come to church. She has been to church the past two weeks and yesterday she even brought a friend. She has a lot of faith. The last time we sat with her she confided in us that she is having problems with her testimony. It's amazing to see that she is still wanting to do the right things and keep the commandments despite how easy it would be for many to think that they are the exception and just not come to church or keep the commandments. That was definitely the highlight of the week.
Other than that not too much else happened. As far as cool insights this week from personal study, I was reading in the Book of Mormon about how captain Moroni was preparing his people for war. One cool insight that I got this week is that what is interesting to note is that as soon as the Nephites successfully fought back against the Lamanites, Moroni did not stop preparing his people for war. I realized that when we overcome one of Satan's temptation or overcome a weakness that we have we should not cease to pray for help or guidance because just like the Lamanites, Satan prepares for another attack.
It's not too much this week, but I hope you guys know that I love you. We have a really good week planned so hopefully there will be a bunch to write about next Monday.
Storms can be a little crazy here.
Have an awesome week!
Love,
Elder Cole Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment