"How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of those that bring glad tidings of good things, and that say unto Zion: Behold, thy God reigneth! As the dews of Carmel, so shall the knowledge of God descend upon them!" ---D&C 128:19

Monday, July 6, 2015

Our New Investigator and My Three Anchors



Hi Family!!!

Pic of the week definitely goes to the baby iguana we found just chilling out on the side of the road. 

I don't have much time this week but I want to share with you something that I shared with one of the YW in my home ward. (She is in charge of a devotional this week for girls camp.)
The three biggest anchors in my life have been scripture study, sincere prayer, and families. By making these things a priority we come closer to Christ, who we ultimately strive to have be the true anchor in our life. I can bear testimony that there is no adequate substitute for these things. It is by sincere prayer that we develop our relationship with our Heavenly Father. It is by scripture study that we learn more about our Savior Jesus Christ and also how we receive revelation to guide us in our lives. Our families are one of the most sacred gifts our Heavenly Father has given us. When we set time aside to be with them and seek to strengthen our relationship with them we show the Lord how grateful we are for those people in our lives. I can testify that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love us, they want only the best for us, and if we will seek to do the will of our Heavenly Father we will be so much better off in our lives than if we tried to do it alone. I know that's true, I've seen it in my own life. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Elder Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment