"How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of those that bring glad tidings of good things, and that say unto Zion: Behold, thy God reigneth! As the dews of Carmel, so shall the knowledge of God descend upon them!" ---D&C 128:19

Friday, April 3, 2015

Transfers Coming Up!




Cole's Zone...




Broken bike seat?







Hey family! To start off with, no I haven't gotten the package yet. Someone mentioned that they were going to try and pick them up Tuesday so I think I will get it this week. I do need to apologize because I haven't been good with taking pictures. At all. I just need to take them, even if it's of the stupidest stuff. It'll be worth it to be able to see all of those pictures when I've come home from my mission. I really liked that picture Grammy sent me of dad with the guitar. I remember he had told me a story of someone that would play it, but I'm not sure about the details. You will have to tell it to me again haha. 
As far as this week went it was an interesting week. Me and my companion gave the district meeting. We talked about how it is important to listen to the Spirit while we are on the street or while we are planning. As a missionary I think it's easy to get caught up in biking from appointment to appointment and just pass people. We taught how we should be looking for opportunities to help random people with whatever they need help with and also looking for chances to just stop and talk to people. My companion always likes to tell people something along the lines of, "Well we aren't just here to share the gospel with people but we are also here to serve. Is there anything you need help with?" He will say this to everyone, even plain strangers. There's something to be learned from that though. 
On Wednesday the AP's were in town and one of them shadowed us for half the day. It was kinda hard because all of our appointments fell through and the only person we really sat with was a less-active that was pretty much unwilling to learn anything that day. She's going through a hard time so it's understandable, but the lesson was just tough. It was funny because the AP would stop literally everyone on the street and start to talk to them in English. I mean EVERYONE! Haha we got home that night and counted up like ten names and we were just like, "How are we going to follow up on all of these people?" It did actually prove to help though because we found a less-active we didn't know lived there. Her name is "S." She was baptized when she was 8 and up until three years ago she was active in the church. 
President Mehr was in town and we did our interviews. We had 88 people in church yesterday. That's the most it's ever been since I came here. It was awesome. President Mehr hinted that I might be leaving. Nothing is set in stone though so I won't say anything else.
Today we played soccer and ultimate frisbee with all of the missionaries in North Zone. I took a picture of all of us together in our "uniforms" for what will probably be the last time we all play sports together. These last two transfers have been really hard and yet miraculous. I have enjoyed the leaders that we had and just how dedicated everyone was. It'll be sad to see the zone split up. 
I want you guys to know that even though I don't take good pictures I am having a fun time here. It's awesome to just be dedicated to helping people. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to be a missionary. I hope everything is going well for you guys, and that you try to have fun too!
Love you guys!
Elder Cole Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment