"How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of those that bring glad tidings of good things, and that say unto Zion: Behold, thy God reigneth! As the dews of Carmel, so shall the knowledge of God descend upon them!" ---D&C 128:19

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

End of the West Indies Mission




Hey family! So I forgot to tell you that zone conference was this weekend which explains why I am emailing on Tuesday. It was the last zone conference of President and Sister Mehr who are going home soon, and also the last zone conference held in the "West Indies Mission." The zone conference was amazing, Sister Mehr talked about bearing simple, brief, and powerful testimony. She explained how when we teach we often try to come up with good analogies or doctrines that will convince the investigator that what we say is true, but it isn't until we give that simple personal testimony of the truth we know that the Spirit testifies. It was a good reminder about what a testimony really is.
President Mehr talked about the Atonement, which is interesting because during his discussion he quoted several times from the Infinite Atonement which you guys sent me in a package a couple months ago. SO many new things learned both from what President Mehr said and from what Tad R. Callister says. I really enjoyed it.
We had a couple of baptisms this week. I am posting pictures on Dropbox so be sure to check them out.
Story of the week goes to when the French Guyanese elders came here for zone conference. We were asked to take two of them into our apartment for Saturday night because zone conference would be Monday. The zone leaders had brought the mattresses that we would let them sleep on and when they got here we were trying to figure out what we would do for sheets. The apartment had some old sheets but they were questionably clean. Then I remembered that Grammy had sent me two sets of sheets in the package I had gotten just recently. Which is funny because she had sent me two different sizes, which went perfectly with the two differently sized mattresses the zone leaders had given us. When I explained this story to the other elders they came to the conclusion that Grammy has the spirit of prophecy and that from now on they will want to know what I get in packages because it is a good indicator of what happens next.
Anyways, that's it from me this week. Hope you all have an amazing week. Let me know if anything cool happens. Mom, I forgot to take pictures of some of the birds, but now this week I won't forget.
Love you guys so much!
Elder Cole Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment