"How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of those that bring glad tidings of good things, and that say unto Zion: Behold, thy God reigneth! As the dews of Carmel, so shall the knowledge of God descend upon them!" ---D&C 128:19

Monday, June 22, 2015

Lots of Work To Do!











What's up everybody?
We had fasted this past weekend to try and involve the Lord even more in our effort to find a prepared family. We have been having a difficult time this past week finding people to teach and so we thought we should try and fast to help us out. While we were fasting I was reading in the Book of Mormon in the Book of Alma and read where Ammon rejoices in all the success him and his brethren had in bringing the Lamanites to repentance. One thing that Ammon shares really stuck out to me. He explains how in the beginning they were met with a lot of afflictions and it got so bad that they wanted to turn back. But the Lord told them to be patient in their afflictions. Then the Lord blessed them with being some of the most successful missionaries in the Book of Mormon. When I read that I realized that the Lord is trying to test our faith and our patience to see if we will bear the frustrations well. Which is setting us up for success with one of his prepared families.
Other than that nothing too crazy, just a lot of finding.
I will say that I really enjoy working with Elder James. I think it helps that we were in the MTC together because we both want to really build up the area with people that will progress and become strong converts. It would be so easy to just pick up all the investigators that were not progressing just because it's someone to teach. We also have really good companionship studies, it actually feels like a study during that hour.
That's so awesome everyone got together for fathers day.  Wish I had been there. Tell them all I said hi. Tell Celeste that she's awesome and that I enjoyed her and her family's letters.
You guys are all awesome and I love you! Have a great week! Sorry this email is so short! Lots of work to do!!
Love Elder Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment